Saturday, February 25, 2006

Nice birds

Nice postcard with ducks.

These ducks could bring the flue to us, maybe not this type of birds but the flue is comming.

Not to hope the H5N1 virus. turns into another virus what is killing people also. In The Netherlands we don't have it yet, but its a matter of time I think. My chickens have to go insite or must have a roof on their head.


Will start soon with building such a thing.

Still some chickenstamps for trade , flue free..

The chickens on this pictiture were killed in the last war against flue.( 2003)

2 Comments:

At Thursday, March 2, 2006 at 12:15:00 PM PST , Blogger Unknown said...

Bird flu, nasty business. I wonder if a screened or fenced border a foot wide around the pen or coop would also add some protection. Keep those bills and beaks from contacting birds just outside the pen. While I worry about my feathered pets, I am more worried about the mutation to a human virus.
JimmyB

 
At Thursday, March 2, 2006 at 1:00:00 PM PST , Blogger Cees Prins said...

Hi JimmyB.
I had to build a roof. A big tent.
Just have had some wind and snow, you can tell what happens. It is still there but we are going to rebuild the roof against shit from the birds,we have a lot of wild goose here from Scandinaviab.
Maybe can put some pictures here sometime of them.
Also look out for cats...........they are also dangerous for bringing the flue.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


View My Stats