Monday, January 23, 2006

Value of stamps.

Are stamps a good investment for later ?
When I see several people talk (write) about a good investment in stamps I have my doubts about this opinion.

Every year a lot of collectors buy a new catalogue to see what happens with their investment. I think that with all the Marketing people of the Post Offices we are now so far that we have a lot of issue's every year from all kind of States , Island empires, city's, new states and even your personal issues. Got an offer that I can order personal stamps outside my own country. A lot of the new issues are limited in numbers to create "value". Into a few years we don't use stamps for the purpose they use to be. Not on a letter but from your dealer into your album, cigarbox or banksafe. It is to hope that the $ and € will keep their value otherwise we sell for 70% or less of the issuevalue to the dealers, as you see now in the stamppapers and on the www.
I also bought a new catalogue for my Dutch stamps. What to do with your old one?

Maybe there is some-one who likes this, and if you have

an old Scott catalogue we can exchange these catalogues.

If you are interested let me know. If necessary I can give

some nice stamps with this catalogue.

The catalogue is only for Dutch stamps, prices in € (euro)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


View My Stats