Sunday, February 25, 2007

Perfins


Maybe you know perfins. In the old day's of the first stamps they were very valuable. Sometimes a hour wages or so. Also you could pay with them. So they were very interesting by people who worked at great or smaller firms. An Englishman, Joseph Sloper, got the idea to make wholes in the stamps. He developed a machine which not could make wholes but also letters into the stamps. So firms perf ther stamps and make them only good for their own mail. England has over 30.000 different types of perfins. We in The Netherlands have about 800 different marks.

Why I tell you ? When I soak of a lot of old stamps yesterday.( smells like old papers..) I found some Dutch stamps with perfins or Poko's. Show them to you, and will start to get all the perfins I have get together....New topic for me ??? Who knows.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


View My Stats