Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Painters and famous too.



When I was sort out a few stamps I came into these two. Who is Mary Cassett I wondered.
Then our www is very handsome to find out. A painter, and famous too. Not for me, but who am I to know every famous person on this globe. The text below is from the www.



Mary Cassatt was a famous painter because she did wonderful paintings. She spent most of her time in France living and painting there. She was born May 22, 1844 in Allegheny, Pennsylvania and she died June 14, 1926. She was 82 when she died. Her mom's name was Katherine, her dad's name was Robert, her sister was Lydia and her brothers were Alexander, Robert and Joseph. She loved children. She and her family traveled a lot. Her parents sent her to Art School she loved it. She painted mothers and children. She used members of her family for her paintings. They were great!
1998, by Lyndsey, third grade

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


View My Stats