Friday, December 29, 2006

Blocks of four.


Make my blogtext sometimes in word, or is it Word? Reason that when I make my words for the blog sometimes it won’t accept it and then I have to start all over again. Difficult to have the same words then to fill the blog. Show today a block of four stamps. Issued in The Netherlands, 16-6-1992. In that time we still has sheets of 50 or 100 stamps, and you could buy 1 or 2 or what you need. Nowadays times are different. One stamp ???? who are you to order one stamp? Mr. Knowbetter from the Post ordered us to buy 5, and in 2007 10(ten) stamps in one time. Saw on another blog that a French visitor wants to send 1 card home; he also has to take the other 4 with him to France…. Very good thinking…. All I want to say that new things are not better and a lot of people don’t like these changes.
The stamps were issued for the 100 years celebration of the Dutch Society of Children healthcare. Nice Teddy beer with stethoscope. Sold number of stamps 13,972,400 , so there must be a lot in circulation. Wonder how much are still left.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


View My Stats