Monday, May 15, 2006

Old stamps on recent letters


Several times I receive letters from the US of A. As people know that I collect -also- chickenstamps there are some times nice stamps on the cover. Also from an issue in 1948. The 3 cents stamps are still allowed on covers to pay the costs of sending a letter(for a part of course). In The Netherlands we don't have that for a long time. Only since 1977 the stamps keep their value for paying the postman. Because a lot of stamps are more valuable MNH than used it is not common to do so. Last week I received such a letter, with all "old" stamps on them, maybe to much on the cover, the cancellation was to much work for the post. You see here what -sollution- the postman has. Indeed good for the house of horror..



3 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 5:51:00 AM PDT , Blogger Cees Prins said...


Thanks for your message, will try to keep you all informed.

 
At Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 12:55:00 AM PDT , Blogger Unknown said...

Cool use of the chicken stamps. I still haven't mailed off that RAF cover to you, sorry for the delay. I'm so damned busy it's on a warmer though. I got a list of must do's.
I've still got a set of pope stamps for Monica from Argentina or Chile, and I can't remember which!!!! I also can't get onto All Nations Stamp club because I've been barred by a manager. I think I may have offended someone unintentionally by spewing about my political/personal views on a subject that may be more volatile then I as an average US citizen would realize(though I think I kind of do).

 
At Thursday, May 18, 2006 at 4:27:00 AM PDT , Blogger Cees Prins said...

Hello JimmyB.

Just take your time to things in the way you like(or have to do).

Can wait, just mailed you privately for "the situation" you mentioned.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


View My Stats